Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What Is Your Favorite Candy?

I occasionally read the blog Inside Mo's Mind, as there are often book reviews that I enjoy posted there. Yesterday, she had posted her response to Beccagirl's Give Me Five Monday meme which was "Give Me Five favorite candies, of all time or currently." Well, it didn't take me long to start drooling over memories of candies enjoyed in the past. What fun. So, here is my list of five favorites, with one honorable mention because I just had to:


1. Kit Kat Bars - I used to just LOVE these. I think it is because it always felt like I was having two snacks, a cookie and chocolate bar.



2. 100 Grand Bar - I used to love rice krispy treats, and carmel is one of my favorites too, so this was always a real treat to have. They used to give these out when we would go trick-or-treating.

3. Bit-O-Honey - Another favorite from my days trick-or-treating as a kid. They used to give out the big bars. I tried eating one of these recently and had to stop, I think my teeth are too old for this golden oldie.

4. Boston Baked Beans - We used to get these before going to the movies or to the drive in. They also sold them in my high school cafateria. . .back then, I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight.

5. Sugar Babies - Another movie favorite and one that actually still shows up in my kids trick-or-treating bag. I guess I really had a thing for those "stick to your teeth" candies, it explains much actually.

Honorable Mention: Vanilla Bullseyes - My DD now shares my passion for these little goodies. They make them fresh at a candy store just down the block from work, a fact I try to forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

though I haven't met a candy I didn't like, my favorites still have to be "Good 'n Plenty" and "Junior Mints" (both from movie theaters as well!!)