Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cafe Thursday - Home Cooked French Fries

If you are a regular reader of my blog then you know that I am currently smack dab in the middle of a 3 week fast that has me eating only fruits, veggies, beans and oats. So how can I possibly post a decent recipe you may ask? Well, the truth is, I have actually been more creative in the kitchen in the past week and a half than I have been in a good long while.

Now, my brother thinks that this little recipe is cheating, but I think that since the ingredients are allowed, it is fair game! So here is the recipe for the only meal I have really enjoyed since being on this fast: Home Cooked French Fries.

Ingredients:

2 - 4 medium sized potatoes, quartered and then cut into strips

4-6 cups of Canola Oil

Dash of Emeril's Essence

Directions:

Put oil in a sauce pan or deep fryer and heat. Add potatoes to pan until they are golden brown (took about 15 minutes for mine). Remove potatoes from the pan and place them on a plate covered with paper towel and sprinkle with Essence.

No comments: