Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cafe Thursday - No More Smoking Section

I was a smoker. I smoked on and off for about 12 years, and have decided that I will no longer be a smoker. I have cowered in shame in my garage and hid from my friends at church and even my family members because I was ashamed of my habit. Wisdom has finally come and I have decided that I will no longer live that life.

I do not stand in any kind of judgement of others, but for me, I must quit and move on with my life in a much more healthy pursuit. I want to be healthy. I want to be around for my kids as much as it is in my power to do so, so I am quitting.

It has only been 6 days and about 18 hours since my last cigarette, so I really do have a long way to go, but I will do it. I ran into withdrawl symptoms yesterday that I did not anticipate because I have been weening myself for months, but that will not deter me either (although. . .the past 48 hours has been the worst by far).

If you are a regular here, or a family member, keep me in your thoughts and prayers for the next few days if you can. It is challenging. . .but I will do it. . in God's power I will not smoke again.

No comments: