Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cafe Thursday - Pasta Salads

I love pasta salad. Well, actually, I love all salads. My friends know of this passion of mine, and so I am always the dedicated salad girl. And I must say, that of all the recipes I have tried, I make the same two salads most often.

My favorite pasta salad, and the one that I make the most often is one I saw a while back on the Food Network's Everyday Italian show. The dressing for this is more like pesto than your average Italian Dressing based salad, and it is just delicious. I can't recommend this recipe enough. I tend to add some things like green olives and other veggies that I have on hand, and you can certainly make this one your own too. My advice though, do not skip the smoked turkey or the fresh cheese in this dish. I know both are expensive, which is why I only make it on special occasions, but this combination is really out of this world. Here is the recipe for Antipasto Salad.

The second pasta salad recipe that I regularly make is like this Springtime Pasta Salad, except I make a couple of modifications. I always add at least half a packet of Italian Dressing seasoning and a squeeze of bottled Italian Dressing for flavor. I also always add tomatoes and some parmesan cheese in addtion to using whole wheat noodles.

Try them both if you can and let me know what you think.

No comments: