Thursday, June 26, 2008

Documenting a First

I did something last night that I have never done before, as a reward to myself for two weeks without a cigarette. I got a message! I haven't done this before because to be honest it has always seemed sort of extravagent to me, but I have been saving a first time special price coupon for a couple of months just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.

I went to a place called Message Envy, and they still have the coupon available for first time visitors. They have many locations in many states, so have a look to see if there is one by you. A word of warning, they will try to sell you on their monthly membership when you are done, but that wasn't a bit deal and a polite not today was enough. Regular price is $78 for an hour, but with the first time coupon this is a treat you should try if you can.

From the soft music, to the dim lighting, everything you need to relax is provided, and everything is done to your comfort level. Beverages are offered, soft meditation type music plays over the speakers in the building, the therapist talks softly if at all and the bed and blankets are warm and inviting. I was worried that the 50 minutes would go by slowly, but it was over before I knew it and I felt relaxed and comfortable. Unfortunately, it helped me sleep so deeply that I overslept this morning for the first time in years, but it was worth it!

While a monthly membership may be much too extravagant, I can certainly see myself asking my family for this nice perk once a year on birthdays or something. . .or saving up just a bit myself for the chance to go once a year!

No comments: