Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Music Monday - Herbie Hancock

Today is the perfect day for Herbie Hancock. It is cold and dreary outside, and I am in a fairly mellow mood today for a Monday.

I am a new fan and a new listener. I have heard his older stuff (Cantaloupe Island) of course when I have listend to the jazz station here in Chicago, but this new CD is one I think I can even get my teenagers to listen to and appreciate. It helps that there are some familiar names here helping him out with vocals. Tina Turner, Norah Jones and Corinne Bailey Rae to name a few are all featured on this album, and they are great.

I like to listen to new CDs while I work for a day or two and then once I have a feel for the songs, I like to blast the music in the car while I drive and just focus on the music and really hear it. And while I am only on the first part of this process, I can already tell this is going to be a fast favorite. This is the perfect music I think for reading, working, cooking or just sitting by the fire sipping wine after the kids are in bed.

No comments: