Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Review - Mimi's Cafe

DD and I were out shopping one evening and we were both trying to skip dinner, but as both of our stomachs were growling, we simply had to stop for some food. I saw a cute little place by the side of the road that I wanted to try but DD was pretty skeptical. She is like her dad and really only likes to eat at 1 or 2 places and is certainly not very adventerous when it comes to food. I did finally talk her into stopping, and yes, perhaps I did mention is was Mimi's Cafe or nothing, but that is hardly the point.

We were quickly glad we had stopped. Not only did the place smell amazing, but we could tell by a quick look around that people were quickly being served and were very happy with their food choices. You know what I mean, how many times have you gone into one of THOSE franchises only to see many other customers fuming or barely enjoying their food? Mimi's was not like that.

DD was hooked the moment we were seated and given a basket of assorted breads, rolls and muffins. Among them was a low-fat blueberry muffin that tasted like cake, which we split and ate as slowly as we could manage. DD then ordered a beef sandwich that she swears is the best she has ever tasted while I enjoyed a cup of corn chowder and a fried chicken salad. The food was just great, and the atmosphere was charming as well. If they have a Mimi's by you, try it. If they don't have a Mimi's by you, I am so sorry, perhaps you could open one?

No comments: