Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Y-ME for Mother's Day

I signed my DD and I up today for the Y-ME national Breast Cancer walk. We will be doing the 3 mile walk, not the 5k quite yet. This is the first time that we have participated, and I am so excited to be doing this.

My focus for this year is loving others, my kids, my family, my friends, and others. This seems to be a great step in that direction. Not to mention the fact that it is hard to wallow in self pity when you are focusing on how to help others, when you are trying to think of ways to reach out.

This even is way out of my comfort zone, as I don't like crowds and I don't like going downtown, and Sundays are for resting and relaxing. . .but I just can't wait for this event.

I encourage everyone to pick and event, pick a cause, pick a person and get involved. Love someone else a bit more today. I think you will find that in the end, in spite of yourself, you will be happier too just because you tried. I challenge you, if you are reading this, to think of a way today that you can get involved with a person or a cause and what you can do to beging helping.

If you are a friend, and feel like donating, please do. If not, just think about the challenge above. Here is my personal site for donating to my walk.

No comments: