Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lessons from Eclipse


Guard Your Heart!
I just finished reading the third book in the Stephanie Meyer vampire series, and it has left me very contemplative. I want to walk away from each book I read now with something to show for my time, so I will be thinking on them more than I have in the past.

The one message I really take away from this book (whether the auther intended this or not is irrelevant) is that a woman must always guard her heart. I think I have thought this for a long time, but haven't quite yet been able to put my feelings to words.

My advice here in this post to my dear daughter is that you must realize that a woman's heart is soft and precious and much different than a mans. We have been created with an amazing capacity to love, and we long so desperately to love, that if we are not careful, we ruin ourselves this way.

It is true that you must share and love people, but there will be one man with whom you will need, and want to share everything with. I encourage you think about this man, somewhere in the back of your mind, each time you feel like sharing your heart, your hopes, your fears with someone. Until you know for certain that you are speaking with the man you will marry, the one God has designed for you, share these hopes and dreams with family, and girl friends, but not with boys.

I honestly believe that this simple act could keep much heartache from touching you.

Guard your heart, it is the essense of who you are as a woman. It makes you unique. It makes you beautiful, and it makes you, you.

No comments: