Friday, March 14, 2008

Book Review - One For the Money

I have been wanting to read one of these books for a long time, I just keep forgetting to pick them up. But I found myself in a long checkout line at the grocery store and they had this book right there, so I dropped it in my bucket. I am glad I did.

I knew as soon as I read the back of the jacket and found out that the heroine, Stephanie Plum, was from Newark, NJ that I was going to like this book. I was not wrong. I knew lots of "Jersey girls" when I lived there, and Stephanie Plum fits the description of all of them. She is so similar to many of my friends that I was picturing them as the lead through most of the book. From the high hair to the biker shorts, Stephanie is as real as they come.

In summary, the characters were believable, even likeable, the plot moved along and the setting was perfect. I really liked this little mystery and am already looking forward to reading Two for the Dough. . .

No comments: