Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thankful for the Moments

Driving in to work this morning I found myself a bit misty over a song on the radio. DD is a country music fan, truth be told, I can take it or leave it, but she had the dial tuned to the country station and I didn't feel like lifting my arm and changing the station. I found myself listening to the song "Moments" by Emerson Drive and tearing up a bit.



I found myself thinking back to those "moments" in my life and wanting to document and remember and celebrate them. I found myself wishing I had a picture for each of those moments in my life that I need to take time to reflect on and remember. I found myself smiling and for one small moment, shutting out all the negative voices in my head and focusing on the positive. I found myself thinking of and thanking God for the blessings in my life. . .my faith, my family, my friends, my house, my job. I found myself very thankful for another day and another opportunity to mean something to someone. I found myself this morning in a country song.

No comments: