Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bonding With My Teenager


I sit here this morning, typing in pain.


In order to bond with my daughter last night, I participated in an activity I really didn't want to. I got my nails done. And do you think she would settle for mom getting a nice plain old manicure? No! I had to get these darn acrylic nails put on. I got them as short as I could, but I am still having a tough time this morning. It was all I could do to convince her that I just couldn't possibly get a design too.

So, here I sit, a system administrator who can barely type, let alone be able to take a hard drive out of a computer. They look great, but come on, they have no practical purpose at all. I am just waiting for the ridicule from the guys here to start.

So, was it worth it? Absolutely! I am convinced that it is these small little memories and shared experiences that really matter. We wont remember what color we got, or what salon we went to, but we perhaps now have a new Christmas tradition that we will share in years to come.

What crazy things have you done to bond with your teen or parent?

No comments: