Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cafe Thursday - Skillet Chicken Stew

I raised some picky eaters. And my punishment for this? I am condemned to high frustration and endless complaining every night around 6 pm. My dear sister-in-law did this right, she had her kids eating veggies and fruits from the time they were small and now she actually has a child that loves tomatoes and broccoli. Me, I have children who love bread and sugar. I think I am going to have to learn to be more cleaver if I am going to get my kids to eat better. Time to pick-up a copy of the book Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food.

I know I almost never find recipes that all 4 of us will agree on, but if I can hit 3 out of 4, I am pretty happy. For that reason, I am adding Rachel Ray's Skillet Chicken Stew to my bi-weekly line up of dinner menus.

This recipe is right up there with our chicken pot pie, chicken alfredo, and salmon nights. I also have a taco night, a frozen pizza night, and usually a spaghetti night. For Sundays, I try to get a bit more fancy and will try to make either a homemade soup, pot roast, or pork chops.

No comments: