Tuesday, January 1, 2008

In the New Year, I will Declutter

I am a regular reader of Christine Kane's blog, and have been encouraged by her posts on many occasions. I am especially excited to take her challenge to pick a word to guide me through the year. My word this next year will be Declutter. I would really like to declutter much of my life, starting with my house.

I bought a book about 10 years ago I think, called The Messies Manual: The Procrastinator's Guide to Good Housekeeping by Sandra Felton and realized quickly that I was indeed a messy, but did not resolve anything, as I procrastinated finishing the book. So, over the past couple of years I have tried to fix things in my house, I have tried different ways to keep things picked up, but it times of great busyness or stress at home, my house always falls into disarray.

I blogged recently about finding the Flylady and putting her system into play in our home, and in this system, I have found some tangible steps that I can take to reach my goal. I do often get a bit discouraged by how long it is taking for everything to be completely decluttered, The Flylady does warn about how those of us who are unorganized tend toward trying for perfection, and thus constantly fail so I need to head her wise words and continue taking the baby steps to declutter.

No comments: