Monday, January 14, 2008

Music Monday - Kevin Max

The Blood by Kevin Max is the first solo music I have heard from him. I have to admit that I was not looking for this album, and it is probably not for everyone. However, any album that starts with "The Old Rugged Cross" can't be too bad.

Kevin Max, formerly of DC Talk, has some really different music that fits together for a great listen with a theme centered on the blood of Christ. There are lots of flavors here including some folk-like songs, some soul, some rock n roll and even a hymn thrown in.

There are also some really great guest appearances from DC Talk, Erica Campbell of Mary Mary, Amy Grant and Vince Gill, and there is a nice little song with Joanne Cash. My personal favorite is the remix "People Get Ready" with Erica Campbell.

As someone whose music tastes run a bit on the eclectic side, I found this album to be just diverse enough to hold my attention. I would guess that anyone who enjoyed the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack would also enjoy this compilation.

No comments: