Thursday, January 3, 2008

Decluttering My Mind

My theme for this year as I have noted, is declutter. While there can be little doubt my top priority here needs to be my house, I realize today that a declutter of my mind couldn't hurt much either.

What do I mean? Well, I realize that often I feel sad or depressed, or even worry about things that I really don't even need to be thinking about. I fill my mind with lots of garbage like TV, Talk Radio and even meaningless conversations at work. I think this needs to stop, and I need to be more discerning about what I let into my mind. I think I need to clear some of this mental clutter and just sit and listen for a change.

Listen to what you ask? First I want to listen to the silence, and find in it the voice of God. I think I should then listen to DH, he always has such interesting things to say when I choose to listen. Next, I think I will listen to DD and DS and see what they are really trying to say, and geez, what a blessing that they are still interested in talking to Mom at all at this point. Then I want to move on and begin to really listen to those I come in contact with everyday. What are my friends and co-workers really saying, and what do they need, and how can I help?

Perhaps as I clear my mind and focus more on what others are saying and needing, I will find less time to be disgruntled and worried about everything.

No comments: