Saturday, January 5, 2008

Finally Friday Fun - On Saturday


Friday came and went and I didn't update the blog. I was too busy.

I am knitting! Anyone who knows me knows that this is not something that I would normally do, but I am actually enjoying it.

I included on my bucket list a couple of days ago that I wanted to learn to sew, and I do. But in order for me to learn to sew, I am going to have to run into the local JoAnn Fabric Store and take some actual lessons or someone (most likely me) could really get seriously injured. It looks like February will be my month to learn to sew, as that is when the night classes are. However, if I get too into this knitting thing, I may just be too busy to making matching hats, mittens and scarves to sew until a bit later in the year.

This all started when I was shopping for stocking stuffers over at the Escape Adulthood site and saw this cute scarf kit and thought my DD may like it. She was less than impressed, and not wanting the kit to go to waste, I thought I may as well dig in. Worse thing that can happen is I get a funny looking new scarf.

I think this kit is a good one, but I did need to visit two other very helpful sites to get some videos of just what I needed to do with my hands and needles to make the scarf. First, I was able to do a Long Tail Cast-On by watching the featured video at KnittingHelp.com, and then I was able to continue with the knit stitch by watching this video over at VideoJug. What fun.

No comments: